Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby boy Benjamin

This past Monday Alan and I went in to the Dr's office for the long awaited ultrasound. I had an ultrasound very early on in the pregnancy, but the baby looked like a little bean at that point, no features were developed yet, etc. This time we knew it would be fun and amazing seeing our little child on the screen! We had a very nice lady as the radiology technician and she took an hour with us doing all sorts of things on the ultrasound. She explained everything, showed us all the little ones lungs, diaphragm, heart chambers, etc. We really enjoyed it. I have to say it was quite funny though when we could first see the picture on the monitor, our little one was trying to shove his little fist into his mouth. It really was quite adorable. As she went along showing us all different kinds of angles of the baby and such, I happened to see something. My first thought was, I think it's a boy. Of course, now I'm curious. We hadn't said anything to her either way about wanting to know. Alan and I had decided that if we could figure it out we would be fine knowing, but otherwise, didn't want to be told. Once I saw that I needed to know if I was going crazy or if she now knew whether it was a boy or girl. I asked if she knew the sex of the baby yet. She said she definitely did. I looked over at Alan and through the rest of the ultrasound he convinced me it was fine to ask, especially since we both suspected and were very curious at this point. At the very end we did ask and she said it is definitely a little boy. We are both very excited. We can now call him little Benjamin Dale. We are waiting on the personality of the little guy to see whether we go with BJ or Ben as a nickname.

I have a little less than 19 weeks left in the pregnancy and all is going well. It seems rather surreal at this point and I am getting so excited, especially as it means that when baby comes, school ends!!!!! I am really looking forward to being a stay at home mom and having time to spend with our children and having time to get stuff done around the house.

We are still waiting on Umaine to hear from the grad program, but remain confident that all is well on that front. Basically we'll just have to wait and see what is in store for us. Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all.

Much love,

The Clark Family

No comments:

Post a Comment